North Korean Leader Kim Kong-Un's Speaks Korean With A German Accent

© REUTERS / Korea Summit Press Pool/Pool

Sputnik: Kim's Speech: N Korean Leader's Accent Steals the Show at Summit

While thousands of people across the world appeared eager to hear what the North Korean leader had to say at the historic meeting with his South Korean counterpart, the way he said those things also surprised many who tuning in for the event.

North Korean leader Kim Jong-un’s "multicultural accent" became one of the highlights of the inter-Korean summit for South Korean viewers watching the event live, South China Morning Post reports.

While the differences in dialects used by North and South Koreans have long being considered a major cultural barrier between the two countries, the viewers were genuinely surprised by Kim’s "Swiss-influenced accent."

Read more ....

WNU Editor: It happens to everyone who spends a few years abroad .... especialy when they are young. In my case I have spent more years outside of Russia than inside, so my own Russian is now no longer "clean". My French sounds like it is coming from an English person. As for my Ukrainian ... ouch. As for my Chinese .... double ouch. How I say "kam sa mi da" in Korean is still OK. :)

Subscribe to receive free email updates: