A Look At The US Navy's Newest Frigate

An artist rendering of the guided-missile frigate FFG(X). Marinette Marine Corp.

Business Insider: Trump jokes that he helped design US Navy's newest 'yacht with missiles'

* President Donald Trump jokingly accepted responsibility for the aesthetic design of the US Navy's latest series of guided-missile ships.
* "The ships that they were building, they look terrible," Trump said. "I would change designs, I looked at it. I said, 'That's a terrible-looking ship, let's make it beautiful. It'll cost you the same, and maybe less.'"
* "It's like a yacht with missiles on it," he added.

President Donald Trump jokingly accepted responsibility for the aesthetic design of the US Navy's latest series of guided-missile ships.

"The ships that they were building, they look terrible," Trump said in a Thursday speech at the shipyard in Wisconsin where these warships are built. "I would change designs, I looked at it. I said, 'That's a terrible-looking ship, let's make it beautiful. It'll cost you the same, and maybe less.'"

"You know, sometimes, you can make it look great for less money," Trump added. "I said, 'This is not a good-looking ship. Let's change the design of it.' And I got people in, and we looked at different designs, and as long as we're going to do it and ... how beautiful it is, they gave me a beautiful model that's absolutely, it's like a yacht with missiles on it."

Read more ....

Update: This Is Donald Trump’s ‘Beautiful’ New Missile Frigate (Forbes)

WNU Editor: This $5.5-billion contract calls for 10-ships.

Subscribe to receive free email updates: